Stronger @ 6pm on 27/10/2021
Full Body Strength Workout
Join NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Natalie Holmes at 6pm for this 1-hour full body workout designed to improve your overall strength and endurance.
You will need either dumbbells or resistance bands for this session.
Strength is “the quality or state of being physically strong” and/or “the capacity of an object or substance to withstand great force or pressure”. The best way to build muscle strength is to challenge your muscles with resistance of some kind.
Endurance however is “the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.” The best way to build endurance is to repeat a movement for an extended period of time.
The benefits of strength endurance are endless, starting with increased stamina, which will of course improve many areas of your life! Examples include maintaining a good posture, carrying heavy shopping, playing sports, play time with children, bedroom time ;-), and just every day activities such as household chores.
This class is suitable for people of all ages and abilities as all exercises can be adapted to suit different levels. You will need either resistance bands or dumbbells for this session.
Each class is priced at £8.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
- No equipment needed
- Yoga mat or soft surface (advisable)
- You are advised to wear comfortable clothing that allows a full range of movement across all joints.
- Drinking water (optional)
The class will take place on Zoom.
You will need to Register for the class by filling out the form below and clicking ‘Submit’.
Within 24 hours of registration, the event link will be emailed to you along with a calendar request.
Add the event to your calendar and click the event link 5minutes before the class start time to make sure you have enough time to get set up.
Only people with the link will be able to join the class.
To ensure a safe, fun and interactive class, we kindly ask that everyone turns on their camera and tries to remain in shot where possible throughout the duration of the class.
Once the class begins you will be asked to mute your microphone to ensure that everyone can hear the instructions clearly.
The class will start with some dynamic stretches to loosen tight muscles and warm up your joints and muscles.
The main session will consist of movements both on the floor and standing so it is advised that you have a mat handy.
Movements will be performed in a slow tempo to ensure proper body awareness and form.
We will end the class with stretching to aid in recovery.
Stretching is often overlooked as an important part of a healthy lifestyle but a lot of general aches and pains are caused by muscle tightness which cause imbalances in the body.
Tight muscles can wreak havoc and are the one of the main culprits behind back pains and bad posture.
Whether you want to improve your body for everyday activity or you’re an experienced exerciser, flexibility and muscle balance is a vital component that can help reduce the likelihood of injury.
Whatever your health and fitness goals are, having a body that is free from muscle imbalances and able to move properly is fundamental to overall wellbeing.
Sometimes emails from unknown senders can end up in your junk / spam folder, so make sure you check that is hasn’t ended up there.
Failing that, try re-registering at the bottom of the event page, ensuring you have entered your email address correctly.
If you still do not receive the link, email Natalie directly at email@example.com
What To Expect
- 18:00 - 18:15
- Warm-up & Core Activation
- The class will start with a series of dynamic stretches to loosen tight muscles and warm up your joints and muscles. The session will then move into a range of exercises to activate the muscles of the core (back, glutes & stomach) and also a balance drill to encourage mind and body connection and to get the motor units firing.
- 18:15 - 18:45
- Main Session
- This will be a series of exercises performed either in a circuit, HIIT or tabata style. Each week the main session layout will vary to ensure all areas of your fitness are being challenged - this includes changing the tempo, duration and number of sets.
- 18:45 - 19:00
- Cool Down / Static Stretches
- The class with finish with stretching to aid in recovery and to encourage balance within the muscles and joints.